Tasting Room Associate
Location: Schram Vineyards (Waconia)
Schram Vineyards is looking to add several new Tasting Associates to our team this busy season! If you love working with people, being surrounded by wine in a beautiful atmosphere, and can work in a fact-paced multi-facted environment, we’d love to meet you! TThe tasting room is Schram Vineyard’s window to the public and guest’s interaction with our staff has a direct impact on our their experience with our facility and our brand. Tasting Room Sales Associates conduct the tasting and sale of wine, beer and non-wine products while providing an exceptional customer experience to each visitor. This position requires excellent communication skills with teams, customers, and other associates as well as the ability to converse easily with many people from diverse backgrounds. Tasting Room Associates are also responsible for assisting with special events held both onsite. We are looking for a go getter to help us grow the Schram brand and be a consistent personality to our guests. This is not just a bartender position as associates will be trained to help educate guests on our wine and beer products. As a growing and multi-faceted business, associates may have opportunities to expand their role or gain experience in other areas of the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greet and serve guests to include wine/beer tasting and educate in a manner consistent with the Schram Vineyards brand
- Learn our story and sell our wines and beer with enthusiasm maintaining a relaxed environment
- Maintain a clean and tidy bar area
- Restocking of wine, changing of kegs
- Helping with kitchen and food prep
- Help meet sales goals
- Promote and sign up Schram Club memberships
- Participate in special club events
- Follow opening and closing procedures to maximize efficiency
- General housekeeping including, but not limited to, sweeping, dish washing, window cleaning. Availability to work week hours and weekends
- Communicate with guests, co-workers, and business associates in a courteous and professional manner. Must be people and hospitality oriented
- Inventory Control
- Perform other duties as required
- Maintain positive customer service and team player attitude
- Know and be able to work in the kitchen in a rotating shift
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years’ experience in customer service
- 2+ years’ experience in wine industry or hospitality a plus
- 2+ years’ experience in sales a plus
- TECHNICAL — Basic working knowledge of spreadsheets and word processors to access information needed
- Ability to use or learn POS and inventory management system in prescribed style and format
- GENERAL — Comprehension of basic mathematics to complete customer transactions.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have a basic understanding of wine and craft beer
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects and/or keyboard. Required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch. Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. This job requires use of the computer, phone and email.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a complete listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities or activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Part-time, 6-20 hours a week in the tasting room –
Hourly plus great tips
Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Schram Vineyards (Waconia), Schram Haus Brewery (Chaska), AxeBridge Wine Company (Minneapolis)
Schram Vineyards is one of a very few winery/ breweries in the US. We began operations at our winery/brewery in Waconia in August of 2013, and recently expanded a second brewery in Chaska, MN. We have built several wine and beer brands for distribution and are expanding out into the Metro area. March 2021 we are adding our 3rd location which will be AxeBridge Wine Co, and Urban winery in the Minneapolis North Loop area.
What You Will Do
- Manage a territory consisting of 40-50 accounts with the very realistic goal to grow to 100+ accounts within a year.
- Develop a strong knowledge of the alcoholic beverage and retail industry, understanding both competitive trends and pricing as well as a thorough understanding of Schram Enterprises products and business
- Build successful relationships with key decision makers in your territory, understanding their business needs and strategies
- Work to achieve and maintain monthly distributions goals within your territory
- Merchandise Schram product through maintaining shelves, and displays
- Implement the use of creative point of sale to attract business within accounts
- Maintain up-to-date weekly and monthly reports as well as keep track of inventory within individual accounts
Responsible for the maximizing sales of local wine and beer brands represented by the company on and off premise to retail customers in an assigned territory by direct contact, and prospecting new accounts.
Execute sales plans and special promotions towards the achievement of predetermined sales goals. Service customers with special product deliveries on short notices, and other customer sales needs.
- Solicits sales in assigned retail accounts to achieve sales objectives as well as evaluate new business opportunities
- Insure the development of existing accounts within their territory
- Develops and prospects new accounts that open in the assigned marketing area
- Introduces new products, new promotions and provides additional marketing service to customers
- Delivers product or other related merchandise when required
- Analyzes information on competitive products, promotions, pricing and marketing policies
- Handles all customer issues in a timely and efficient manner within Company guidelines
- Ensure supplier distribution goals are met within territory
- Performs other related duties assigned
- Presentation skills necessary to effectively communicate, update, persuade, and/or facilitate discussions with all level of management
- Interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, other business areas and government agencies as required
- Demonstrated high level proficiency of oral and written communication skills
- Planning and organizational skills necessary to coordinate workload around multiple assignments
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 2 years of adult beverage, product sales or hospitality experience
- Ability to secure and maintain a valid driver’s license and auto-liability insurance in accordance with state laws
- Ability to secure and maintain a State Sales Permit in accordance with state laws
- 21 years of age or older
- Physical demands with activity or condition existing of a substantial amount of time amount of time include walking, carrying, reaching, standing, and stooping
- May require occasional lifting/lowering, pushing, or pulling up to 40lbs
Email resumes to email@example.com