TASTING AND TAP ROOM ASSOCIATE (spring 2018)
The Tasting and Tap Room Associate is the face of our business and plays an integral part in our guests’ experience at the winery and brewery. You will be greeting, welcoming, and serving our visitors from start to finish. You will answer questions, pour and sell our wine and beer, engage in conversation, educate them on our products and industry, and create a friendly and fun atmosphere. Qualified candidates must feel comfortable talking about both wine and beer (with training).
You may be involved in special events and may be assigned to serve for private parties hosted at the winery or events. Some off-site tasting events (festivals, fundraisers, etc) may be requested.
Duties may include the following:
- Open Tasting and Tap room before guests arrive – cleaning, stocking, ensuring we are ready for a successful day
- Greet and welcome guests
- Share information and answer questions about the wines and brews and our business
- Pour wine for tastings and encourage sales through discussion of wines
- Sell wine, beer and merchandise
- Use POS system and cash drawer
- Re-stock inventory as needed – wine bottles, growlers, glassware
- Clean and organize tasting room, wash dishes and keep stocked as needed.
- Help remove trash and recycling at the end of your shift.
- Ensure guests are having a pleasant experience.
- Close tasting room and conduct
inventory (with manager on duty)
- Communicate with manager about any complaints, suggestions, or needs
- Encouragement of bottle and growler sales as well as present Schram Club information
- Assignments may be working behind the tasting bar, the growler shop, the outdoor pavilion, or bistro area.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds and be on feet for several hours
- Must be 21 or older
- Must have weekday and weekend availability
- Candidates must have both weekday and weekend availability, a desire to help grow our business or grow into a larger role within the company.
- Must attend training on the history of Schram Vineyards, grape-growing and wine-making processes, beer education, tasting room procedures, and alcohol service (provided by Schram Vineyards).
- May be asked to participate or do a shift in other areas of the business to get familiar, such as pruning, brewing with the brewers, bottling wine, picking grapes, etc.
- Must have a professional presentation and dress appropriately in Schram branded clothing or suggested attire.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, have your head on a swivel and hustle to keep up with customer traffic and clean-up as needed.
- Knowledge and support of Schram Vineyards – know our story, be a part of our story, know our wines and beers
- Knowledge and appreciation of wine and beer in general, our products, and the Minnesota grape-growing and wine-making process (or thirst to learn more about it).
- Familiarity with iPad and apps
- Those with customer service, hospitality industry, or sales experience stongly encouraged to apply.
A strong candidate is friendly, trustworthy, hard-working, takes initiative, has an ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment, and can demonstrate strong customer service skills.
Competitive pay and great tips
Not Hiring, Please check back later.