TASTING AND TAP ROOM ASSOCIATE (summer/fall 2018)
Are you passionate about wine and beer? Do you want a fast-paced job in the service industry where your personality can shine? We’re hiring sales minded, goal-oriented enthusiasts who want to work hard and play hard. If you think you would be a thriving member of our family, click below to apply!
Duties may include the following:
- Ensure guest feel welcome and have a positive experience
- Provide wine and beer knowledge through tastings and bottle sales
- Day to day operations– cleaning, stocking, ensuring we are ready for a successful day
- Use POS system and cash drawer
- Effectively communicate with management about business needs
- Meet bottle and growler sale goals
- Promotion and knowledge of Schram Wine and Growler clubs
- Any additional duties may be assigned based on tasting room needs
- Participation in other areas of business- pruning in vineyard, brewing tasks, bottling wine, harvesting grapes, etc.
- Able to lift 40 pounds and be on feet for several hours
- Must be 21 or older
- Weekday and weekend availability
- Must have a professional presentation and appropriately represent the Schram Vineyard brand
- Able to talk about the history of Schram, the building, and the surrounding area with reasonable knowledge
- Knowledge and support of Schram Vineyards – know our story, familiar with our wines and beers
- Experience in sales, customer service, or hospitality strongly encouraged
- One to three years experience with wine and/or beer, but not required
- Familiarity with iPad and apps
A strong candidate is friendly, trustworthy, hard-working, takes initiative, has an ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment, and can demonstrate strong customer service skills.