PLAN YOUR VISIT
We invite you to visit our tasting and tap room in wonderful Waconia! We offer a beautiful setting both inside and outside for you to enjoy our hand-crafted wine and beer, where everything is made on-site. Open for tastings during normal business hours and be sure to bring home a bottle of wine or growler of beer!
*Please note: All tastings and flights will end at 6pm on Fridays and Saturdays. We are not able to accommodate tastings after 6pm, however wine by the glass or bottle and beer pints are available. We can not accommodate buses after 6pm on Saturdays.
Food: We frequently have a food truck on-site (Fridays and Saturdays). Check our events calendar for food trucks on specific days. We also sell meat and cheese trays. There is no outside food allowed inside our tasting room. Starting Nov. 10th, Arcane Kitchen will be serving food from the Schram kitchen Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
Wine Tasting in the Tasting Room -This option is best for couples, individuals or groups smaller than 12 people. For $12 you will receive 6 tasting chips and a souvenir glass. You may wine taste at your own pace and simply turn a tasting chip in to the tasting staff in exchange for a wine sample of your choice from the menu where a staff member can tell you about the wine. Available any open days before 6pm. *Groups over 12 who do not schedule the Group Tasting experience may not be able to be accommodated for tastings in the main room.
Group Tasting Experience – This option is best for groups of 12 or more who wish to wine taste as we cannot guarantee we can accommodate tastings in the tasting room for large groups. For $20 per person you will receive a guided wine tasting with a dedicated staff person at your own bar or area where you will be walked through our wines and story. Participants get a souvenir glass and may take $5 off a bottle of wine following their tasting. Schedule your Group Tasting HERE at least 7 days prior to desired date.
Group Wine Tasting Experiences may be booked the following times:
Fridays at 3:30 or 5pm, Saturdays at 1pm, 3pm or 4:30pm, Sundays at 1pm or 3pm
*Passports receive a partial tasting and are not valid for groups of 8 or more.
Beer Flight – $12 – Flight of 4 five oz pours served on a paddle for you to enjoy at a table.
*Buses, Limos and Large Groups — Groups of 12 or more who wish to do wine tastings must make a group tasting reservation at one of our designated times, which you can do HERE.
Large groups arriving who are not doing tastings but will purchase wine or beer by the glass or bottle, please email firstname.lastname@example.org at least ONE WEEK prior with your desired arrival time and the number of people in your group. Unscheduled groups and those showing disrespectful or rowdy behavior may not be accommodated. It is important that we are able to provide an enjoyable experience for all of our guests and manage the arrival times of groups. If you are looking for space to host a private event, please see our HOST AN EVENT page that has space rental information. We cannot accommodate large groups for tastings without a group tasting reservation.
PHOTO GALLERY of our location
GROUP TASTING EXPERIENCE
Group Wine Tastings
$20 per person
- includes a full wine tasting with a senior member of our staff and a souvenir wine glass.
- Each participant will receive $5 off one bottle of wine to purchase in the tasting room after the tasting.
- Group tastings are held in either our barrel room, vineyard bar, or select tasting bar in the main room. Location will depend on time of day/time of year and weather and is at the discretion of Schram.
- Tasting experience lasts 45 minutes to an hour
- Wine and grape education, Schram history/story part of the tasting experience
- Group tastings may be booked the following times:
Fridays at 3:30pm or 5pm
Saturdays at 1pm, 3pm, or 4:30pm
Sundays at 1pm or 3pm
- Space is limited for our group tastings. Please register on our website.
- 12 person minimum for group tastings is requested
CLICK HERE TO BOOK A GROUP TASTING
Policies and Things to Know Before you Visit
- There is no outside food allowed inside the building, with the exception of Food Truck food. We do sell meat and cheese plates for pairing in the tasting room. Please no food at the tasting bar.
- There are NO hard coolers, rolling coolers, party trays, pizzas, or cakes allowed on the grounds.
- No dogs or pets allowed on the property. We do love dogs, but have had unfortunate incidences in the past which have required us to have this rule.
- Please be prepared with a valid ID. All guests who are drinking must be 21 years of age and have valid identification. We have soda and LaCroix for non-drinkers.
- Children must be closely supervised at all times. We are a vineyard and our primary focus is on agri-tourism. For the safety of your children, the enjoyment of other guests, and respect for our neighbors, we must ask that children of all ages are closely supervised at all times and not left to run around the property or be in the tasting room on their own. Please do not let children throw rocks in the bocce courts, play in the landscaping, or use the vineyard as a scream or use as a ball field. Thank you for your understanding on this matter.
- No balloons, decorations, party favors, gifts, or table decor may be brought into the tasting room or our outdoor space when we are open to the public. This is only reserved for those renting private space.
- The play equipment is personal property of the Schram residence and not for public use.
- If you are looking to host a special event, ask us about private rental space. We do not reserve tables on the patio or in the tasting room during our regular business hours. Table decorations, balloons and outside food are not permitted unless you have reserved private rental space. Please inquire. Please do not use our public spaces to host an event such as a bridal shower or birthday party during our public hours. If you are planning a gathering of 12 or more people, please contact email@example.com to make arrangements and discuss details of your event.
- Large groups and buses – please email firstname.lastname@example.org one week prior to make arrangements for your visit.
- There is no parking on Airport Rd.
- Rowdy, disorderly or disrespectful guests will be asked to leave. Please use tasting room etiquette and respect all our staff and guests of our tasting and tap room.
- No outside beverages allowed on the property.
- Returning your glass to the bar or designated area when you are finished is greatly appreciated.
- Participation in agro-tourism activities is at your own risk. Schram Vineyards Winery & Brewery accepts no liability for any injuries sustained during your visit.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone, or to remove guests who are disruptive, disorderly, or disrespectful.
Thank you for your cooperation and for respecting our business and other winery and brewery guests.
There are so many great things going on in our town of Waconia! Make a day or weekend out of it! Check out other area attractions at www.destinationwaconia.org.
Directions: We are easily accessible from the cities from the new Hwy 212.
From Hwy 212 going west, take the Hwy 10 (Engler Rd.) exit to Laketown Rd. to Airport Rd.
From Hwy 5 going west, take a left (south) on Scandia Rd. (about 4 miles west of downtown Victoria) and then a right (west) on Airport Rd.
We are located on the left hand side of the Airport Rd. road at the very end of the grass landing strip and hangar buildings.